SEOUL, Korea – January 31, 2011 News Facts
- Bokwang Familymart, the largest convenience store franchise company in Korea, has implemented Oracle® Exadata Database Machine to maximize business efficiency by improving performance and reliability of its online transaction processing and data analysis applications.
- Oracle Exadata dramatically improved the performance of daily POS transactions, reducing processing time for up to 900,000 orders from 50 minutes to just 8 minutes
- Bokwang Familymart’s point-of-sale ordering system also relies on Oracle Exadata for data analysis, and can now analyze up to 16 months worth of order, product, and revenue data in 30 seconds, compared to over five minutes previously.
- Providing accurate instructions faster to Bokwang Familymart’s warehouses and partners has improved on-time delivery and ensured stores maintain optimal inventory levels.
- Bokwang Familymart eliminated nine servers and two storage racks by consolidating onto an Oracle Exadata Database Machine Quarter Rack resulting in significant cost savings and a much smaller carbon footprint.
- “Oracle Exadata is the best choice for massive data processing,” said Sang-shin Park, Information System Division Director of Bokwang Familymart. “, we now offer unmatched services that exceed customer satisfaction and distinguishes us as a leader in the retail business.”
- “Oracle Exadata was chosen by Bokwang Familymart for its extreme performance, proven by multiple benchmarks,” said is Hee-sang Lee, Senior Director of Technology Business unit, Oracle Korea. “Oracle’s service team will work with Bokwang Familymart to help them improve business processes and analytics using the Oracle platform.”
About Oracle Exadata
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine is the only database machine that provides extreme performance for both data warehousing and online transaction processing (OLTP) applications, making it the ideal platform for consolidating onto grids or private clouds. It is a complete package of servers, storage, networking, and software that is massively scalable, secure, and redundant. With Oracle Exadata Database Machine, customers can reduce IT costs through consolidation, manage more data on multiple compression tiers, improve performance of all applications, and make better business decisions in real time.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #