Ausenco Supports Global Expansion with Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 and Oracle Enterprise Performance Management and Business Intelligence
Sydney, AUSTRALIA – April 7, 2011About Ausenco
• Global engineering and project management company Ausenco has selected Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) to provide a technology platform to underpin the company’s global expansion.
• Ausenco, headquartered in Brisbane, Australia has more than 2,500 people based in 20 countries and delivers engineering and project management services for the environment, energy, minerals and metals, process infrastructure, and program management sectors. The company faced a number of business challenges as its existing applications weren’t optimal or suitable for its global operations.
• As a rapidly growing organisation, Ausenco needed a solution that was flexible, robust and easy to roll out across different countries, for users with varying needs and expectations. Accordingly, Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, Oracle EPM and BI are being implemented which will enable Ausenco to integrate all aspects of the company’s business including financials, project management, asset management, maintenance, procurement, HR, payroll, reporting and analysis.
• In addition to supporting Ausenco’s global expansion and integrating complex operations, Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, Oracle EPM and BI will also enable improved efficiency and consistency in decision making for the company. Information will be available to managers across the company’s business lines, with multiple entries of data to be replaced by a single streamlined source of information.
• Ausenco has selected Oracle Database 11g and Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g to support the overall deployment.
• The Oracle implementation will take a phased approach over a three-year period and will begin in mid 2011. Ausenco will roll out Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 across Asia Pacific/Africa and North and South America. In the short term the solution will provide Ausenco improved control of financial and reporting processes at the company’s Head Office in Brisbane.
• To reduce implementation discovery, configuration and testing time, Oracle Platinum Partner CSG will employ Oracle Business Accelerators (OBA). OBA will help to ensure a predictable and precise enterprise-wide implementation that guides the project scope and uses industry best practices decision flows.
• “As Ausenco continues to expand globally, we need an innovative platform than can provide a foundation for our expansion and manage multiple legislative, corporate reporting and compliance requirements. “We believe Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Enterprise Performance Management and Oracle Business Intelligence will provide effective solutions to these business challenges. We have chosen to use the Oracle Business Accelerators to facilitate a best in class implementation that meets the specific needs of our company,” said Paul Young, Ausenco CIO.
• “Ausenco’s implementation of Oracle’s applications, technology and middleware products is a strong showcase of how our solutions will help support the company’s international growth in different markets. Deploying Oracle Business Accelerators as part of the overall implementation will also facilitate a rapid return on IT investment, as well as simplifying and standardising processes throughout the organisation,” said John Smith, General Manager, Applications, Commercial Sales & Channels, Oracle Australia & New Zealand
Ausenco (ASX: AAX) sets high global standards for leading edge engineering and project management services in the resources and energy sectors. We're a growing company with big ambitions that thrives on new markets. Across 32 offices in 20 countries, our people seek ingenious solutions for our clients in the Energy, Environment & Sustainability, Minerals & Metals, Process Infrastructure and Program Management sectors. We're inspired to make a genuine and positive impact on the world around us and in the communities in which we operate. www.ausenco.com About Oracle
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. . Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #