Fujian Mobile Selects Oracle Exadata Database Machine for its Next-Generation Business Analysis Support System
Beijing, China – January 31, 2012
- China Mobile (Fujian) Limited (“Fujian Mobile”), a rapidly expanding subsidiary of China Mobile (HK) Group Limited, has selected Oracle® Exadata Database Machine for its next-generation Business Analysis Support System (BASS), which will support Fujian Mobile’s business growth.
- Fujian Mobile’s customer base has expanded rapidly with subscribers growing from 2 million to more than 22 million in the past few years. To meet this increasing demand, Fujian Mobile is implementing a full-rack Oracle Exadata system for its next-generation high performance BASS.
- Fujian Mobile plans to build a new data warehouse as the foundation for BASSand will migrate all data from its existing Teradata system to Oracle Exadata.
- With Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Fujian Mobile will expand the storage capacity of its next-generation BASS, increase its data compression ratio, and improve overall BASS performance.
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine is the first engineered system that integrates software, server, storage and networking for all data management tasks, including data warehousing, online transaction processing and database consolidation.
- The pre-configured, optimized Oracle Exadata system will reduce the time needed for configuring, troubleshooting and tuning by a few months allowing Fujian Mobile to deploy its initial roll-out rapidly as well as manage future expansion.
- In light of the energy-efficiency and reduced footprint offered by Oracle Exadata, Fujian Mobile’s next-generation BASS is expected to deliver significant reduction in deployment and maintenance costs compared with its current system. Furthermore the rebuilt BASS will help drive energy savings across the organization while supporting the company’s future growth.
- With Oracle Exadata at its foundation, BASS can expand compute power and storage capacity over time to analyze larger amounts of data and deliver improved business intelligence in support of providing innovative services.
- To ensure the successful implementation of the next-generation BASS, Oracle Consulting resources from Oracle China, Oracle Asia Pacific and Oracle headquarters will work together with Fujian Mobile to ensure a smooth deployment.
- “We expect the deployment of Fujian Mobile’s next-generation BASS will get benefits through our joint efforts. Oracle has acquired a lot of experience deploying its comprehensive, open and integrated technology solutions and engineered systems that have been widely adopted worldwide. We are committed to the support for more local companies by providing innovative technology products,” said Jeff Lam, Oracle Corporation.
About Oracle Exadata
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine is the only database machine that provides extreme performance for both data warehousing and online transaction processing (OLTP) applications, making it the ideal platform for consolidating onto grids or private clouds. It is a complete package of servers, storage, networking, and software that is massively scalable, secure, and redundant. With Oracle Exadata Database Machine, customers can reduce IT costs through consolidation, manage more data on multiple compression tiers, improve performance of all applications, and make better business decisions in real time.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.