Redwood Shores, Calif. – April 24, 2012
- Oracle captured the overall leader post with an estimated 10.3 percent share of the life sciences software sector, as calculated by IDC Health Insights. The report also places Oracle at the top of the life science development and sales and marketing application categories.
- The ranking is based solely on software license revenue derived from life sciences customers, and the study examined only enterprise solutions, which include: business intelligence/analytics, clinical software, customer relationship management (CRM), content management, revenue management/enterprise resource planning (ERP), human resources (HR), manufacturing, supply chain management, product lifecycle management (PLM), research and development (R&D) informatics, and R&D discovery platforms.
- IDC Health Insights also recently recognized Oracle as the leading software vendor in its Top Preferred Life Science Technology Vendors for 2012 survey, which polled more than 100 leading life science companies on which life sciences hardware, software, and IT services vendors they plan to purchase from in 2012. The report notes that more than 25% of respondents indicated they are planning to purchase or license Oracle solutions in 2012.
- “Life sciences companies are under pressure to modify traditional business practices and operational strategies to conform to new regulatory requirements and industry shifts occurring on several fronts,” said Eric Newmark, program director, IDC Health Insights. “Industry leaders are helping businesses meet these challenges by offering cost-effective, easy-to-use, and scalable solutions which help increase insight and efficiency to drive growth.”
- “Oracle has retained its position as IDC Health Insights number one-ranked software vendor in the life sciences sector by continuing to deliver best-of-breed, end-to-end solutions that span the entire enterprise, from research and development through clinical development and manufacturing to sales and marketing,” said Neil de Crescenzo, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences. “Life sciences organizations increasingly rely on our technology to help gather, integrate, and manage information from across their organizations to maximize informed decision making and drive innovation throughout the entire product lifecycle ‒ from discovery through the post-market phase.”
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company’s best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to health sciences, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.