CS Week 2012 – Dallas/Fort Worth, Tex. – May 1, 2012
· Oracle announced the availability of Oracle Utilities Customer Self Service, a new Web self-service platform that helps utilities give their customers online options for paying bills, requesting service, and reducing costs.
· Oracle Utilities Customer Self Service is pre-integrated across the Oracle Utilities suite of applications – including Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing, Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management and Oracle Utilities Network Management System. The solution can also work with legacy and non-Oracle software products.
· Unlike traditional custom-built Web portals, Oracle Utilities Customer Self Service provides utilities with out-of-the-box access to many powerful Web self-service features, including:
o Account and Security Management – Provides robust account and security management across self-service modules and enables customers to manage registration, passwords, alerts, notifications and more.
o Billing and Payment Management– Enables utilities’ customers to more easily manage financial transactions. For example, customers can view their bill and payment histories and service charges to date. They can review their consumption history and compare different rate plan options. Customers can also manage electronic billing, including one-time payments and recurring payments, as well as request payment arrangements.
o Customer Service Management– Provides an online venue for customers to interact with their utility. For example, customers can request start, stop or transfer of service; view detailed service usage and costs; report outages; and view outage maps and estimated restoration times.
· The Oracle solution enables utilities to quickly build a new portal or supplement an existing one. Web content is accessible through desktop, laptop and mobile browsers.
· Oracle Utilities Customer Self Service reduces utilities’ total cost of ownership for Web self-service. Customers can access a lower-cost support channel that is always available. Further, utilities can reduce maintenance costs by easily deploying updates and new features that become available, without breaking the existing Web portal.
· “Not long ago, utilities communicated once a month with their customers in the form of a mailed paper bill. Today’s customers expect self-service access, anytime, to a wide variety of features on their utility’s Web site. Utilities have responded largely by building expensive custom portals inside their sites, which may not meet customer needs. Oracle Utilities Customer Self Service enables utilities to provide customers with 24/7 access to information and services that will strengthen the relationship between utilities and their customers,” said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
· Oracle Utilities
· Oracle Utilities on Facebook
· Oracle Utilities on Twitter
· Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
· Oracle Utilities on Diigo
· Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #