Oracle Policy Automation Helps China’s Jiangsu State Administration of Taxation Improve Intelligent Tax Policy Advice Service
Beijing, China – July 17, 2012
· Jiangsu State Administration of Taxation (JSAT) has adopted Oracle Policy Automation, the world’s leading application in building an intelligent tax policy advice system. Jiangsu’s new tax system will provide taxpayers with accurate, consistent and clear tax advice services. Already, the new system has enabled the JSAT to improve its efficiency, reduce taxation costs and take its IT-based tax services to a whole new level.
· JSAT has 80 city-level units and 475 branches. The organization is responsible for collecting central government taxes, and taxes shared between the central and local governments, including value-added, consumption, finance and insurance, corporate income and vehicle purchase taxes. The organization is also responsible for refunding export taxes.
· As China’s market economy rapidly develops, revenue agencies must increasingly satisfy the growing requirements of taxpayers. Accordingly, JSAT has adopted Oracle’s new intelligent tax policy advice system to meet the current and future goals of its strategic development plan.
· After an extensive evaluation of the products available in the market, JSAT finally chose to build its intelligent tax policy advice system upon Oracle Policy Automation, a system that has been successfully implemented across industries worldwide. JSAT, however, is the first organization that has adopted Oracle Policy Automation in China. With the support of Oracle and its business partner, Beijing IT Technology Co., Ltd., Jiangsu’s intelligent tax policy advice system was completed and went live in May 2012. To date, the service has run smoothly.
· The Oracle Policy Automation based intelligent tax policy advice system currently provides online information to taxpayers. The online system showcases 110 hot topics classified into seven categories: value-added, consumption, corporate income, non-resident, vehicle purchase taxes, export tax rebate and taxation-related management. Further, taxpayers can enter questions into the system and receive authoritative, consistent and clear answers to their inquiries.
· Oracle Policy Automation allows JSAT to more easily manage its taxation policy and continuously improve the functionality of the advice system according to changes in its taxpayers’ needs and taxation policy. Moreover, the system provides a self-service function to increase user satisfaction and lower taxation costs.
· “The intelligent tax policy advice system is one of our most prioritized projects this year,” said the head of Taxation Services at JSAT. “We have built an advanced and intelligent tax policy advice system by using the world’s leading service, Oracle Policy Automation, and learning from the success stories from western countries like the United States, Britain and Australia. The new intelligent system enables us to offer taxpayers better, more proactive services through complete and authoritative consulting advice.”
· “We are pleased that JSAT has become the first governmental agency in China to implement the globally successful Oracle Policy Automation system,” said Samuel Lo, Senior Director, Strategy Planning and Corporate Development for Oracle Greater China. “The successful deployment of the intelligent advice system demonstrates the leadership of Oracle technologies. Moving forward, through Oracle’s complete, open and integrated hardware and software portfolio, we commit helping more Chinese organizations meet their growing business needs, achieve their strategic development goals and adapt to the shifting marketplace.”
· “Oracle’s complete, open and integrated applications solutions apply to all kinds of enterprises across industries. We are dedicated to helping more enterprises to optimize their business performance and achieve significant business growth with Oracle’s leading applications products and solutions,” said KK Pan, Vice President and General Manager of Applications Business for Oracle Greater China.
· Oracle Applications
· Oracle Public Sector
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #