Redwood Shores, CA – July 31, 2012
- Today, Oracle announced the Oracle Music Festival San Francisco 2012, which will take place September 30 – October 4, 2012 in San Francisco during Oracle OpenWorld 2012.
- In the tradition of great live music events, the festival will spotlight the music of some of today’s hottest acts, emerging and local bands, as well as DJs over five nights and multiple venues.
- The showcased bands and artists will include a wide range of genres from reggae to rock, punk to ska, R&B to country, and indie to honky-tonk.
- Macy Gray kicks off the festival on Sunday, September 30 at 8:30 p.m. at Yerba Buena Gardens following the Oracle OpenWorld Welcome Reception.
- Joss Stone will take the stage at Union Square on Tuesday, October 2 at 8:30 p.m.
- A partial list of other participating artists include: The English Beat, The 500s, American Steel, Blues Mix, Dirty Ghosts, The Dodos, Red Meat, Young Prisms, DJ Don Lynch, DJ Josh One, DJ Mei Lwun, DJ Panic City and DJ Zaq.
- The events will be held at outdoor venues and clubs throughout San Francisco including: Union Square, Yerba Buena Gardens, 111 Minna, Mezzanine, Ruby Skye, and Slim’s.
- Attendance is available on a first come, first served basis for all registered attendees of Oracle OpenWorld, JavaOne, The Executive Edge @ OpenWorld, MySQL Connect, Oracle PartnerNetwork Exchange, Oracle Customer Experience Summit @ OpenWorld, Java Embedded @ JavaOne, including Discover Pass attendees.
- “I’m excited to be performing at the very first Oracle Music Festival for an audience of people that are passionate and ready to have some fun, in a magical city full of life and energy — San Francisco," said Joss Stone.
- “After a full day of educational sessions and networking at Oracle OpenWorld, JavaOne and the many other Oracle events, attendees will be ready to relax and unwind at one or all of these music festival venues,” said Tania Weidick, vice president, Oracle Corporate Event Marketing. “The Oracle Music Festival is a great way for conference attendees to get together after hours and have some fun.”
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.