GETCO to Deploy Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Software
Leading Operator First in Bangladesh to Select Oracle Communications Application
DHAKA, Bangladesh, October 22, 2008:
· GETCO Telecommunication Limited (GETCO), the newly licensed Interconnection Exchange Service provider and a pioneer in Bangladesh communications industry, will soon deploy Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management software. GETCO has recently been licensed by the Government of Bangladesh to act as an interconnection exchange in Bangladesh.
· This is the first such deployment of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) software in Bangladesh. With this software deployment, GETCO expects to fully streamline its billing operations and use the application for real-time billing, instantaneous rating of calls and to maintain all subscriber-level billing records for administrative and revenue calculation purposes.
· Oracle partner, IBCS-Primax Software, will implement the solution over the next several months.
· Oracle BRM is the only fully convergent, real-time enterprise revenue management software application available today.
· “We had a requirement of real-time billing, rating and data sharing with our customers and with the government. We found Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management was that only solution that was able to deliver all this at an affordable total cost of ownership (TCO). Moreover, Oracle Communications captures billing at the BSS layer which is more efficient and is several times cheaper than a billing solution used at the network layer,” said Khandker Md. Nur-a-alam, Director GETCO Telecommunications Limited.
· “GETCO will be the first communications company in Bangladesh to use our world-leading Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management software. We expect GETCO to benefit from efficient, real-time billing and management as several of our global customers already have,” said Raghav Sahgal, Vice President, Oracle Communications, Oracle Asia Pacific
GETCO is a private limited company established in 1972. Over the period GETCO has built up an effective business relation with customers in Government and Semi-Government Organizations and Private Companies. We work on behalf of our principals to secure contracts, and provide necessary after-sales services to the customers. In case of turnkey projects, GETCO provides logistic, administrative and local supports to the principals in order to complete the projects in a timely and professional manner. Send E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
IBCS-PRIMAX Software (Bangladesh) Ltd, a Bangladesh-British joint venture company established under the laws of Bangladesh in 1989 by a group of IT professionals, with the ambition of creating a dynamic software house capable of delivering IT products of the highest quality both domestically and to the international arena.
Being a leading information technology company, we are focused on helping business entities connect and collaborate electronically both internally and with their business partners. Enabling the enterprise to save money, grow revenue and build stronger, more profitable business relationships. Using a holistic, multi-competency approach, the company's drive is to develop effective, robust, scalable systems using technologies adapted for our clients, be they web-based (N-tier) business solutions residing on enterprise technology platforms to more conservative client server applications. These intra and inter company solutions are designed to improve business performance and processes such as customer service, order management and processing, procurement, improved content management, logistics, planning and forecasting.
With over 50 full time IT personnel and offices in Dhaka, Chittagong, UK and associates in 8 (eight) countries around the World, IBCS-PRIMAX is better placed to offer professional IT solutions.
Oracle has been operating in Bangladesh since 1999 though a local partner. Oracle’s commitment extends to its extensive network of alliances, channel partners and resellers in Bangladesh, who are members of the Oracle PartnerNetwork. Today, Oracle along with its 25 partners serve many local organizations across key industry sectors including government, financial services, telecommunications and manufacturing with Oracle technology and applications to gain greater operational and cost efficiencies. Bangladesh is one of the countries in Oracle’s SAGE (South Asia Growth Economies) West region, others being Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maldives and Nepal.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's largest business software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.