Expands Access and Support to Partners Selling to Small and Mid-sized Organizations
Beijing, China – December 18, 2008
· The Oracle VAD Remarketer Program enables authorized Value Added Distributors (VADs) to resell Oracle technology products in the Oracle 1-CLICK ORDERING Programs category through its network of resellers throughout China, without requiring the resellers to join the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) or pay the typical requirement of upfront fees and contracts with Oracle.
· Through this program, resellers can extend the Oracle portfolio to their customers without having to make up-front financial investments to build an Oracle practice.
· New resellers appointed by authorized Oracle Remarketer VADs can transact Oracle business as a Remarketer and leverage that VAD for support, training and other reseller services.
· The new “Oracle 1-CLICK ORDERING” process streamlines channel order-processing time and assists partners to more easily resell and customers to more easily purchase Oracle software.
· Products in the Oracle 1-CLICK ORDERING Programs category include Oracle Database Personal Edition, Oracle Database Standard Edition, Oracle Database Standard Edition One, Oracle Application Server Standard Edition, Oracle Application Server Standard Edition One, Oracle Business Intelligence Standard Edition One, Oracle Weblogic Server Standard Edition, Oracle Universal Content Management Standard Edition, Oracle Document Capture, Oracle Internet Developer Suite.
· VADs such as China National Software and Service (CS&S), Dell China, Ingram Micro China welcome Oracle’s move to open up the Oracle technology portfolio of software to resellers that have been wanting to transact deals with Oracle, but were not able to bear the upfront costs.
· Oracle’s technology solutions in the 1-CLICK ORDERING Programs category fit any size budget and are easy to install and configure, allowing companies to get up and running quickly without specialized resources.
· These Oracle-based solutions are affordable and scalable, offering a choice of solutions that are upwardly compatible. Customers can get started at a low-entry cost and upgrade as needed. In addition, they offer cross-platform support, including all operating systems, development languages and tools.
· They are also easy to use and administer. The self-managing capabilities of Oracle technology enable companies to minimize personnel expenses, which in turn helps lower the Total Cost of Ownership.
· Oracle solutions provide maximum security. Only Oracle has 19 third-party database security evaluations, providing unrivaled state-of-the-art data protection out-of-the-box to mid-size companies globally and in China.
· “The VAD Remarketer Program demonstrates Oracle’s commitment to our channel and reseller partners. With the launch of this program, we are making it easier and more profitable for companies to resell many of Oracle's technology products, with no initial investment,” said George Man, Vice President, Channel and Alliances, Oracle Greater China. “
· “Under the Oracle VAD Remarketer Program, new resellers will be able to expand their market exposure by providing comprehensive and reliable Oracle technology solutions to their small and mid-size customers through a simple and fast ordering model,” said Liu Wei Gong, President Assistant and General Manager of Information Product, China National Software and Service. “As an Oracle VAD in China, we see great potential in the Remarketer Program and believe it will gain significant market traction by leveraging our nation-wide sales network.”
· "For over a decade, we have been working hand in hand with Oracle to deliver one-stop enterprise solutions to customers in China,” said Milind Yedkar, Director, Enterprise Marketing, Dell Greater China. “As one of the largest resellers globally, Dell is committed to simplifying IT in a cost-effective and easily accessible way and this coincides with the goals of Oracle’s new VAD Remarketer Program. With zero entry barrier and no fees, we expect new resellers will benefit from this program by expanding their product offerings and reaching out to companies of different sizes.”
· “As one of the world’s largest technology product and logistics service providers, we are relentless in our effort to identify best-of-breed product offerings in order to deliver significant benefits to our customers and partners,” said Frank Zhang, Chief Executive Officer, Ingram Micro China. “With the launch of the Oracle VAD Remarketer Program, our reseller community will have the opportunity to gain access to a comprehensive range of Oracle products and also extend its market reach to companies of all sizes across China.”
- Learn more about Oracle VAD Remarketer Program
- Oracle VAD Remarketer Program – FAQs
- Oracle VAD Remarketer Program Datasheet
About the Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork is a global business network of more than 20,000 companies who deliver innovative software solutions based on Oracle software. Through access to Oracle's premier products, education, technical services, marketing and sales support, the Oracle PartnerNetwork program provides partners with the resources they need to be successful in today's global economy. Oracle partners are able to offer their customers leading-edge solutions backed by Oracle's position as the world's largest enterprise software company. Partners who are able to demonstrate superior product knowledge, technical expertise and a commitment to doing business with Oracle qualify for the Oracle Certified Partner levels.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.