Oracle Sees Strong Customer Adoption of Oracle Fusion Middleware in Australia
Sydney – July 9, 2009
· Organizations across Australia have adopted Oracle Fusion Middleware to lower IT costs, streamline critical processes and IT management, mitigate risk, secure corporate information and boost productivity while empowering users. They include Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Tabcorp Holdings Limited, Reserve Bank of Australia, Telstra Corporation, Dept of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Optus Mobile Pty Ltd, Foster's Group Limited, Ministry of Health, BHP Biliton Group Operations Pty Ltd, Westfield, BMW Australia Ltd, Toll Holdings Limited, Westpac Banking Corporation, Vodafone Australia and Wesfarmers Resources Ltd.
· Oracle has completed the integration of BEA Systems in Australia and continues to see customer momentum post the integration.
· A May 2009 report by analyst firm IDC showed that Oracle strengthened its #1 position in the local application deployment software market in 2008, with 34.1 percent market share in Australia.
· Oracle was the only vendor amongst the top three to gain market share in the application deployment software market in 2008, according to IDC. Of the top three vendors, Oracle grew the fastest.
· “According to IDC AP Software Research, the application deployment software market in Asia Pacific excluding Japan was not spared from the recent economic turmoil. Despite that, Oracle has managed to improve its market share growth. Its commitment to invest more R&D resources into its Fusion Middleware portfolio paid off well as Oracle was able to further consolidate its #1 position in the region,” said IDC.
· Based on the May 2009 IDC report, Oracle is #1 in the application deployment software category in 2008 with 30% market share in Asia Pacific excluding Japan.
· “As the volume of applications continues to increase exponentially, so does the criticality of middleware to an organization’s success,” said Gregory Taylor, General Manager, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Australia and New Zealand. “Our customers want middleware solutions that help them respond to market conditions and drive better performance while reducing costs. Oracle Fusion Middleware is the most comprehensive family of preintegrated, industry-leading middleware. Oracle's middleware products embrace a hot-pluggable architecture, for greater flexibility and investment protection, which is really what’s driving adoption among private and public organizations in Australia.”
· Stanwell Corporation Limited, an electricity supplier to the industrial and residential end users in Queensland and other Australian states, uses a range of Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions to provide generation supply and trading system information continuously, 24x7. “Using Oracle Fusion Middleware, we’ve been able to increase the reliability of our data by knowing that we have a single source of truth and that all of the data we have in various systems is correct and up to date.” - Greg Behrendt, Enterprise Solution Architect, Stanwell Corporation
· The Lawrence & Hanson Group (formerly Hagemeyer Australia), part of the Sonepar Group of Companies, a global player in electrical material distribution, deployed Oracle Identity Management to secure access to its extranet applications and enhance sales and customer service. “Extending applications to our customers and partners provides a huge boon to us in terms of process efficiency and customer service. At the same time, this translates to a significant increase in the risk of sensitive information falling into the wrong hands. Oracle Identity Management enables us to mitigate these security risks and achieve peace of mind.” – Andy Wild, I.C.T. Manager, Lawrence & Hanson Group
· Oil Search Limited is a leading global oil and gas exploration and development company. “By employing open standards, the Oracle SOA Suite has given us the ability to easily interface between our “fit for purpose” legacy systems and JD Edwards,” said Michael Plon, Business Systems Manager, Oil Search. “We’ve already seen impressive results from the initial integrations completed and the potential for future Return on Investment is enormous, as SOA becomes the default standard for all integration projects.”
· The Milestone Group is a global specialist supplier of technology to the financial sector. “The Oracle Coherence platform has provided a high degree of confidence in the scalability of our flagship pControl product,” said Geoff Hodge, Milestone Group CEO. “We can now demonstrate unquestionable scalability to our clients. The open standards architecture means we can take this solution to any client, whatever their environment. We expect considerable adoption by our larger clients in the coming months.”
· Oracle Fusion Middleware -- #1 in Middleware
· Oracle® Fusion Middleware 11g Provides Foundation for Innovation to World’s Leading Companies and Partners
· Number 1 in Middleware: Oracle Unveils Oracle® Fusion Middleware 11g
· Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g
· Oracle SOA Suite 11g
· Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g
· Oracle WebLogic Suite 11g
· Oracle Identity Management 11g
For more than 32 years, Oracle has been a technology innovator, transforming the way business is conducted. To learn about Oracle’s latest technologies, visit the Innovation Showcase during the 100 days before Oracle OpenWorld. See oracle.com/innovation for more information.
 Based on total software revenues. IDC Asia/Pacific Semiannual Application Deployment Software Tracker, 2H08, May 2009.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.